Frequently Ask Question
What makes pepper spray hot?
Oleoresin Capsicum (OC)
is the extracted oil of the dried ripe fruits of capsicums, and it contains a complex mixture of highly potent organic compounds.
What’s the strongest pepper spray?
The VEXOR® line of pepper spray is among the very strongest available on the market. It contains up to 1.45% capsicum, a natural, active component of chili peppers
What pepper spray do the Police use?
Beginning in the early 1980s, Zarc™ developed CAP-STUN® as a non-lethal deterrent and defense against criminals. Soon after, law enforcement agencies across the U.S. recognized its value and effectiveness and adopted it in their departments. Today, VEXORs is our latest line of professional-grade pepper spray used by many law enforcement agencies worldwide.
Does the Military use pepper spray?
The Military police use pepper spray. Zarc has several military National Stock Numbers (NSN).
Can I buy Military Strength Pepper Spray?
Yes CapStun Z-305 was one of the original pepper sprays used by the Military. They now use Vexor Pepper Sprays
What are the physical effects of pepper spray?
Three physiological targets are affected by pepper spray:
1. Eyes: Immediate closing of the eyelids.
2. Respiratory: Uncontrollable coughing.
3. Skin: Intense burning sensation.
Is pepper spray harmful long-term?
No. All effects are immediate but temporary and will usually completely dissipate within 45 minutes.
What is the best pepper spray for college girls?
For the dorm or apartment, hide a Pocket Guard Full Axis canister where you can quickly grab it. Full Axis has extra long spray reach and can be fired from any angle—on the ground, over the shoulder, and even upside down! Get an extra canister the car, too—for defense against a carjacker or stalker.
What’s the best pepper spray for women out on the town?
For everyday carry out and about, we recommend our compact VEXOR® Key Guard units that clip easily to your keychain or purse. They’re powerful, yet compact.
Can pepper spray be used on dogs?
Yes. If a dog is aggressive, and about to attack you, then you must defend yourself. The effects of pepper spray are similar to what people experience, and the burning and swelling of the eyes and throat will subside after about 45 minutes. Hopefully, the dog’s owner will show up to help flush the pet’s eyes with water.
What’s the best, non-lethal self defense?
Ultimately, leaving the scene or avoiding conflict altogether is the best self-defense to remain safe. When you are confronted by a threat that you cannot avoid, pepper spray from Zarc™ is the most effective way to defend yourself and stop an attack.
What First Aid exists for pepper spray?
Use cool water to flush the face and eyes. Try to separate the
eyelids with your fingers. DO NOT rub the eyes. Flushing with water for 10
minutes should relieve inflammation. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth,
groin and other sensitive areas until you wash your hands thoroughly. Subjects wearing
contact lenses should remove them before flushing their eyes. Contaminated
glasses or hard lenses can be cleaned with soap and water. But, all soft lenses
must be discarded.
When should I use Pepper Spray?
Pepper spray may be used to:
1. Provide instant control over highly aggressive, violent or emotionally disturbed people.
2. Subdue those under the influence of narcotics or alcohol who are not compliant.
3. Control single or multiple subjects who are not compliant.
4. Minimize physical contact, reduce injury and other risks for both officers and civilians.
5. Reduce or eliminate the need for escalating to higher levels
When should I NOT use pepper spray?
1. The subject submits peacefully to your request or arrest.
2. The subject complies with lawful commands or your request.
3. The subject expresses mere verbal disagreement that does not
threaten you, officers or bystanders.
What is the Shelf Life of pepper spray?
Zarc™ pepper sprays have a four-year shelf life from the date of
manufacture. Prior to expiration, replace each canister with fresh units to
ensure maximum efficacy.
What is the Shelf Life of pepper spray?
Zarc™ pepper sprays have a four-year shelf life from the date of manufacture. Prior to expiration, replace each canister with fresh units to ensure maximum efficacy.
How should pepper spray be stored?
Store canisters at room temperature. DO NOT store near the heat or an open flame. DO NOT leave canister inside vehicle or trunk where the inside temperature can exceed 120F (50C). Prolonged exposure to temperatures below 32F (0 C) may result in slower discharge.
Where can I get pepper spray practice canisters?
We offer VEXOR® Training Sprays here on our website to practice and perfect your use and accuracy while developing muscle memory. Click here for options .
Is pepper spray safe to carry in my pocket?
Absolutely, yes. Our canisters have safety flip-top or twist-top features, so no spray will be deployed accidentally in your pocket or purse.
What’s the best pepper spray for women?
We recommend our smaller canisters for women since they have smaller hands. Try our Key Guard or Pocket Guard units.
Is pepper spray legal to carry?
Zarc™ pepper spray is legal to carry in most states, yet some restrictions exist.
Click Here to see the various legal restrictions and rules in each state.
Will pepper spray stop a big attacker?
Absolutely, yes. The capsicum in our sprays is strong enough to stop any person, large or small.
What if I harm an attacker with pepper spray?
Well, that’s life. If somebody attacks you, and is harmed in the process, the liability is on the attacker.
Are some people immune to pepper spray?
We have not encountered anyone who is “immune” to pepper spray. Neither have several of our friends on the Police force. Some people may fare better than others. But, all things considered, pepper spray is a highly valuable and reliable tool to deter aggression.
What is VEXOR®?
Zarc™ VEXOR® brand was introduced in 2002 as a non-flammable, Taser-safe product that is formulated with water or oil-based solutions.
What is CAP-STUN®?
Zarc™ CAP-STUN® brand is a unique alcohol formulation and it's unmatched high-performance record has been one of the most invaluable assets to law enforcement and the military since it was introduced in 1982.
What is Mace®?
According to Wikipedia
Mace is the brand name of an early type of aerosol self-defense spray invented by Alan Lee Litman in the 1960s. The first commercial product of its type, Litman's design packaged phenacyl chloride (CN) tear gas dissolved in hydrocarbon solvents into a small aerosol spray can, usable in many environments and strong enough to act as a deterrent and incapacitant when sprayed in the face.
What are the different pepper spray patterns?
There are a variety of spray patterns used in pepper sprays, such as cone/fog, foam, Gel and stream. They each have their benefits and drawbacks.
1. Cone & Fog: Spray patterns that atomize and cause a mist in the air are more susceptible to wind movement and are not stable while airborne. Because they are made of smaller airborne particles they can be inhaled and will therefore affect the respiratory system, or they may enter into indoor ventilation systems and affect innocent bystanders. Because of their large spray pattern (similar to a shotgun), they do not require precision aiming. The physiological effects are usually faster due to smaller spray particles immediately depositing on mucous membranes.
2. Foam: Foam has somewhat similar characteristics as cone & fog, with the exception that it has a minimal effect on the respiratory system and may be used indoors. Foam is also messy due to its soapy nature, and will cause further contamination when it gets on clothing, furniture or patrol car seats. There is a potential of gagging and vomiting with foam, as the bubbles enter into the respiratory system during rapid inhalation.
3. Stream: Stream can be used indoors and due to its narrow pattern, does not atomize. Stream is less susceptible to wind movement than other patterns. Due to the small circumference of the stream pattern, it is difficult to aim and cover both eyes at once. Also, the subject may also block the stream with his/her arm. So, multiple shots may be required to subdue an individual.
To install this Web App in your ISO device press and then Add to Home Screen.